Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Support Local Detroit Music


When I started this blog my motivation was to bring new music, popular and local, into the spotlight. Today is that day. The first local Detroit band that I am featuring on my blog is the JAVELINS! This band holds a special place in my heart because I have been long time friends with the drummer (Matt Rickle), I have also known the bassist (Julian) since adolescence. The other (Matt) in the band I am not as familiar, but I do know that he is a tremendous guitar player. When I contacted Matt and asked him to be featured on my blog he sent over a mp3 for everyone to enjoy! They are on the indie label Suburban sprawl (www.subsprawl.com) which has some talented bands signed to its label. The Javelins put on an amazing live show and play with youthful energy! You can see them next @ the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor on NOV. 12th w/ the Pop Project.

To check out there other music go to: www.myspace.com/javelins




Javelins-Heavy Meadows

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the few local bands I hadn't heard yet. Amazing, I must say

    ReplyDelete