Wednesday, October 7, 2009

If Nasa blows up the Moon.....



I want to be listening to Janelle Monae! I had heard of this young lady about a year ago, but did not take the time to sit down and listen to her album. I hear so much music on a daily basis that it is hard for me to focus on particular artists. Then there are those artist that just capture me at the beginning and I hold on tight as if I discovered them myself. Well with Janelle Monae I recently heard her on the Chester French Jacques Jams Vol. 1 "endurance" on a song called "nerd girl". I fell in love with her voice. I came across a few more tracks with her on them, and decided to give her album a listen. Whoa, it was like a breath of fresh air....Her album is called Metropolis and its is a futuristic themed r&b soul funk rock... there are some points when her song is vaguely familiar, then it sound so radically different. Its a fantastic mix of old and new. If there was no music I am sure I could listen to Ms. Monae sing all day long! Here is a few tracks that I enjoy...check them out.




-Strongmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment